Early Education

RurAL CAP serves children and families through early childhood education. We promote socio-emotional development, healthy practices, cultural richness, and school readiness. Our programs include the Child Development Center, Head Start, Early Head Start, and Parents as Teachers (PAT). 

Child Development Center

The Anchorage Child Development Center provides full-day, year-round child care for children between 19 months and five years of age. Our center engages children in spacious classrooms with various educationaactivities and lessons. 

Learn More

Head Start & Early Head Start

Head Start and Early Head Start are federally funded programs that prepare Alaska’s children and families with low-incomes for school and life success through comprehensive services in early education and family well-being.  While Head Start primarily serves three- and four-year-olds, Early Head Start visits the homes of families with infants and toddlers under the age of three. 

Learn More

as Teachers

Parents as Teachers (PAT), a national home-visiting teaching model, supports families in Alaska Communities by delivering in-home services to prenatal women and families with children ages five and under. We work with parents to promote their children's development through comprehensive services that support early education and family well-being. 

Learn More

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call 866-632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 1) Mail: U.S Department of Agriculture Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 2) Fax: 202-690-7442 3) Email: [email protected]

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.